How to Succeed at Datafest
Would you like to make the most of the Datafest ? Here's how.
Oct 31, 2013
Nate Aune, the founder of Appsembler has written 10 tips for a successful participation at a hackathon. His blog post is well worth reading and here's a summary adapted for our Datafest:
- Plan ahead, Be ambitious but mindful that you only have 48 hours
- Build a team whose members have diverse backgrounds so they can leverage each other's expertise
- Prepare. Learn more about the issues underlying the particular challenge that you will be working on. Learn more about tools and data
- Use Github for version control and PaaS for deployment and hosting
- Take frequent brakes
- Envision your perfect demo and then work backwards
- Have fun!
A full text of Nate Aune's blog post is here .