How to Participate Virtually
No local Datafest event in your city? Can't get to the nearest one? Not a problem. You can still participate virtually. Here are the simple steps.
Before the Event
During the Event
- Join our Google Group (link). This will accomplish two things. You will be able to join the discussion and you will be able to comment and edit and create pages on this website. Also, check out the Connect page for information on on social media.
- Figure out what interests you. Visit the Challenges page and check out what data sources, tools and APIs others have listed. If you think that some resource should be listed but is not, feel free to add it to the list(s)!
- Contact the local organizer(s) in the city where you wish to participate. A list of the locations is here.
After the Event
- Fill out your project page and submit it on time.
- Check out the work that the teams at your local event and other locations have done - visit their project pages and watch their Youtube presentations. Folllow online announcements on judging of those winning projects that have been nominated for global awards.